• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andrew_

andrew_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Tonight ranks right up there as a bad night. So I'll put it out there that I'm in the market if someone by chance has one, or if they've got a pen with a good cap that they would be interested in parting with - Oversize model please.

I wish accidents only happened with easy to replace pens.

Edited by andrew_, 13 October 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Tonight ranks right up there as a bad night. So I'll put it out there that I'm in the market if someone by chance has one, or if they've got a pen with a good cap that they would be interested in parting with - Oversize model please.

I wish accidents only happened with easy to replace pens.

Long ago believe I picked up a parts pen. Bad barrel, Cap with tiny hairline (tight, in lip) great color and trim. Hafta hunt it. Won't be cheap, but I hope fair. . But, is quite nice. Just must find...

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 andrew_

andrew_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

David - I may take you up on that. I just got an email back from Ron that he should be able to solvent weld the chunk back into mine, so with his level of craftsmanship it will probably look like it just has a crack in it. You should have my email address in my profile, send me pics if you find it, but don't make it a huge priority. Since it has a crack in it I may hold off and see how mine looks after a visit to Ron. Good trim would be nice though - that was the one thing my cap lacked prior to the mishap.

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

David - I may take you up on that. I just got an email back from Ron that he should be able to solvent weld the chunk back into mine, so with his level of craftsmanship it will probably look like it just has a crack in it. You should have my email address in my profile, send me pics if you find it, but don't make it a huge priority. Since it has a crack in it I may hold off and see how mine looks after a visit to Ron. Good trim would be nice though - that was the one thing my cap lacked prior to the mishap.

All good. Ron's plastic work is spectacular. And I'd know, having been there watching the earliest experiments with it ;)

Or, if your barrel/nib assembly is clean, you could sell that...

If I find the cap, will post image this weekend.

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users