3 replies to this topic

#1 Deb

Deb

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Posted Image

This little Conway Stewart began life as a stylo, the Quail Stylo No 3 to be exact. It was subsequently converted into a fountain pen using a short, thick feed and a folded-tip white metal French nib. I suspect that it didn't work well as the inside of the section is stepped, meaning that the feed didn't fit as it should.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I searched Stephen Hull's Fountain Pens For The Million and The English Fountain Pen Industry but found no reference to this stylo. There is no mention of it in Jonathan Donahaye's list either. Of those listed, it most resembles the Pixie 113 Ink Pencil.

Does anyone know anything about this stylo?

#2 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Neat little fellow Deb, when do you think this was made ? Maybe Andy can shed some light on this.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#3 Deb

Deb

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hi Hugh,
I mentioned this pen in my blog as well. David Wells contacted me there, and Andy sent me an email. Opinion is that it's a Pixie 113 ink pencil, rebadged for some now unknown company. That would make its date late twenties/early thirties. It's a beautiful little thing, sadly lacking the ink-pencil front end, but I'll keep looking for the bits it needs.

#4 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hi Hugh,
I mentioned this pen in my blog as well. David Wells contacted me there, and Andy sent me an email. Opinion is that it's a Pixie 113 ink pencil, rebadged for some now unknown company. That would make its date late twenties/early thirties. It's a beautiful little thing, sadly lacking the ink-pencil front end, but I'll keep looking for the bits it needs.

Thanks Deb

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users