3 replies to this topic

#1 carl k

carl k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hello,

Glad to become a member of this forum. I only have one year under my belt using fountain pens, but I can see this becoming a long term interest. Since I've just recently become interested in fountain pens, I only have modern pens. I thought it would be simpler and quicker to get into using fountain pens by purchasing only new pens in the beginning. This way I would not have to learn about valuations, learning how to grade, learning what kind of damage to look for in vintage pens.  (So much to learn). So far I have a couple of TWSBIs, a Pilot Custom 74, a Lamy Vista, a Gate City New Dunn, and most recently a Conid Bulk Filler. All very cool pens to me. When I start to get into vintage I think among the the first pens I will be checking out will be Parker Vacumatics. They are so beautiful. I held a few at the recent DC pen show this past summer, and boy are they nice. Now I need to know how to spot a good pen, and determine a fair price.

#2 spotted and speckled

spotted and speckled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Welcome! With practice, all of what of you desire to learn will come to you. Buy a few books, continue going to pen shows, prowl the forums and websites, watch ebay for the good & the bad (both of which abound), ask questions, and ask more questions. And Welcome again!!

--Virginia

#3 Wahl

Wahl

journeyman

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Welcome to the Board !

#4 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:30 AM

Welcome!

​You will find the folks here at the FP Board really knowledgable and very friendly, and frankly, a much more learned audience willing to help you out. This "IS" the place to grow and to know about fountain pens!

​If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users