Photo

Bob L. from NH... Intro and an Underwood question...

new member member

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bob L.

Bob L.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hello All,

Thanks for allowing me to join the crew.

I got a fountain pen restart several months ago. Since then I've been hunting Parker 51s. So far I've found four hooded Parkers.

Two are 1948 51 Aeromatic Demis with the very fine accounting nibs. One worked after a thorough ammonia soak and clean up. The other, it looked like it had been used as a dart on a dart board, took some professional restoration. This one was refitted with a medium stub. Both are working great now. My wife appropriated one and I got to keep the medium stub.

I found a black 51 Special with a fine nib that works great after the ammonia/water soak and a gentle clean up. The same can be said for a Parker 25 I found at the same time.

Here's where I could use some help.

I found two Underwood fountain pens. Both are lever pens. Both have Underwood inscribed on the clip. The inscription matches the inscriptions/logo type one would find on a classic Underwood typewriter. Do we have anyone on this board that can share some info on Underwood fountain pens?

Thanks, Bob

#2 Wahl

Wahl

journeyman

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Welcome to the Board, Bob !

#3 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Welcome and great to see you on this site!

You will find the folks here at the FP Board really fun, knowledgable and down right the best in the business/collecting hobby. David, our fearless leader, is quite the fountain of knowledge but there are others who are equally as knowledgable and willing to give you a helping hand too. This is a very friendly site; I have noticed that for the most part, people here check their egos at the door, very refreshing           ;)

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com 

#4 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

glad you got the cool stub nib aerometric! 

welcome to the board! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new member, member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users