2 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

I acquired this set from a fellow FPNutter along with a bunch of Parker pens. While I intended to sell it with a Duofold update a few months from now, it continues to... intrigue me. I might end up keeping it. Most double desk sets are width dominant, wider than deep. This one is depth dominant. The simple base of polished and matte stone is elegant. I'm guessing this is a relatively "early" base (late 1920's) but am not certain of that.

Elegant wee thing no doubt.

Posted Image

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 Eric O. Costello

Eric O. Costello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

I acquired this set from a fellow FPNutter along with a bunch of Parker pens. While I intended to sell it with a Duofold update a few months from now, it continues to... intrigue me. I might end up keeping it. Most double desk sets are width dominant, wider than deep. This one is depth dominant. The simple base of polished and matte stone is elegant. I'm guessing this is a relatively "early" base (late 1920's) but am not certain of that.

Elegant wee thing no doubt.

Posted Image

regards

David

I have two like that. One is solid black, and the other is the same pattern as in the photograph, though slightly better condition on the brasswork. But yes, most "orient" the other way.

And yes, I know.

#3 Rockyrod

Rockyrod

journeyman

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

I am going to break modern thinking and ask the taboo question, could this have been made as an ash tray and pen holder and that is why it is orientated that way? Or perhaps a pipe holder? Smoking was the norm back before the 70's and ash trays were a common artifact.

Rod R.
USAF, Ret.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users