• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pen-deco

pen-deco

journeyman

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

The Ohio pen show came and went swiftly. No thieves were chased down, tackled or tazed and Dr. Isaacson didn’t have to have to save any lives. I had a wonderful time, surrounded with over a thousand years of knowledge and experience; I left feeling like part of the group.

Terry called Tuesday before the show and had found me a table. Even though it was last minute, I wasn’t going to turn it down. I didn’t have more than 20-30 pens to sell so Paul Erano was happy to give me some inventory. Plus I came with 12 freshly restored Snorkels I had just finished for him. Did I stick out like the Greenhorn that I am? Probably.

This Show was truly an experience I won’t forget. Finally meeting some of the people you get to know on these forums is fascinating. I could sit and talk to David about pens for hours. His “cachet,” “willy-nilly,” “off catalogue” descriptions show even more passion in person. It’s awesome. He showed me an OS Sheaffer Balance in Ebony Pearl, with a fish scale pattern wide cap-band. Can you imagine!?!?

Thank you David, I think we will become great friends.

The after-show Cigars and Scotch were my favorite times. These men know what’s good. I really wish I would have written down those cigar names! Half of the fun was freezing our asses off on metal mesh chairs outside.

I left the show feeling great. Another Rider for the collection, a couple 1st yr P51s, many parts I had been seeking and a P51 cap dent removal tool. I wanted to thank everyone for making this a fantastic Pen Show. 

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hi Pat,

It was great to put a face to the name.  I wish we could lure more collectors to pen shows.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users