• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:57 AM

This OS with a quill has the same imprint as Brian's jade and has a plug at the rear end. Of course, Sheaffers with a short quill are a different animal from a convertible, if you read Daniel's article in the last Pennant.

med_gallery_151_19_288065.jpg

Edited by matt, 08 July 2015 - 05:39 PM.

#22 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

These short quills or telephone dialers or whatever you like to call them have the profile of the early, long barrel balances, don't they?  I don't think the jade end of my pen would fit on the end of the one Matt just pictured.

#23 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

Good question.  I do have an early long-OS Balance with the removable plug. I do have a black and pearl with the "dialer" quill.  I do have a black pen with the dialer quill. Maybe a Jade. WIll have to compare. I am curious to see how it shakes out.   Just probably need couple more days.

Too much going on. Most of it at least good

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#24 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

Brian, try this for comparison.  The quill is quite long, but the distance from the end of the lever to the flat butt may be the same as yours.  The line of discoloration in the bottom pen is not a seam for a fused end; just appears to be the end of the bored out barrel.  (Caps and barrels are in the same pairing as received.)

gallery_151_19_119574.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users