6 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Quink Turquoise

Parker Quink Turquoise

journeyman

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia,Canada

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Was recently able to purchase a new/old stock Sheaffer lever fill pen.The pen is just like the one I used back in high school,except for the stampings on the nib.The old pen is stamped Sheaffer and below that a capital M.The new/old pen is the same nib, except it is stamped Sheaffer and below that the number 343.The barrels of both pens are marked Sheaffer Made in Canada.

Neither pens would have been expensive pens when new.The old pen was purchased new back in 1969 at a drug store.The caps do not screw on,but you just pull to take the cap off and push to put the cap back on.The new/old pen writes just the I remember the old one writing.Smooth with good ink flow.Better than a lot of more expensive pens I own.

A neighbour gave me an old full bottle of Canadian made Sheaffer Peacock Blue.The bottle and box are just like the ones I used back in high school.Was just going to keep the old ink,but I have been using it in the new/old pen.Brings back a lot of good memories of times gone by.

Sheaffer Peacock Blue and Parker Super Quink Turquoise  were the two inks I used back in high school.Was able to get a full bottle of Canadian made Parker Super Quink Turquoise ink off E bay,not too long ago.It is in the same bottle and box design as what I used in high school.Now I have the new/old pen and two bottles of the same bottles and ink like I used back then to help keep some memories alive for quite sometime.:)

No idea of what model Sheaffer these pens are.Too bad I am unable to post pictures as I am sure some one would know the model number.

#2 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

Sounds like a "school pen" there are not model numbers to these.  My first pen was a Sheaffer school pen in 1979.  I have it here someplace.  My second pen was a Sheaffer Targa which is filled and on the desk from 1982.

Roger W.

#3 Norm

Norm

journeyman

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

I didn't know they made lever fill school pens. 

#4 Parker Quink Turquoise

Parker Quink Turquoise

journeyman

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

The new/old pen I recently  purchased was done up in a plastic wrap.My guess,  it was taken out of what ever it came in,so a new sac could be installed ,then wrapped in the plastic .

Seems to me,my  old 1969  pen came on a cardboard flat piece and the pen was held on the cardboard by plastic.Seems to me, there was information on the cardboard such as the Sheaffer name and the like.Of course that was back in 1969 and my memory might not be perfect. :)

The other types of Sheaffer lever pens I have seen,all had screw on caps.These pens have a pull it off,push it on ,type of cap.

What ever type of pens they are,I am sure they were not expensive pens in their day,but from my experience, they work better right out of the package ,than a lot of other more expensive pens.

Edited by Parker Quink Turquoise, 20 March 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#5 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Totally overlooked "lever" as the rest of it was sounding like a school pen.  What we need is a picture.

Roger W.

#6 Parker Quink Turquoise

Parker Quink Turquoise

journeyman

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Wish I could post a picture,but that is more than my poor computer skills will allow.:)

Have been really enjoying using the new/old pen and all the great memories that go along with it.My letters of late, have become a lot longer than usual.:)

#7 Parker Quink Turquoise

Parker Quink Turquoise

journeyman

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

Was able to pick up another of these pens in new/old stock condition.The first one I purchased had a black barrel and metal cap.This one has a red barrel and metal cap.Have not tried it out yet.

Think I will keep the black pen filled with either Sheaffer Skrip Peacock Blue or Parker Super Quink Turquoise.The red pen, I will load with what ever ink colour I feel like using at the time.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users