Photo

Sheaffer Sky... girl? Where is the earth shattering kaboom?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,507 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

None of my oft-present facetiousness with this one. I'm happy to offer peek at what really is an Earth-shattering (dare we say galaxy detonating? Perhaps not. I hate hyperbole) find in the world of vintage Sheaffer Balance collecting. From the George Beck (Sheaffer Exec VP during the 1940s 1950s) personal collection I recently purchased after it was found by a fellow pen hunter.  I'll put together a detailed story of the sequence of events that led  o the pen and to information about the pen, but that might have to wait four months (guess why). But, here is the paper and the pen. You saw it first at the facebook Fountain Pens Group. You do see what's neat?  It's enough to make this hack amateur newbie Sheaffer collector very happy. I'm happy. I'm David. *epiphany*... Happy David!

sheaffer_skygirl_1stshot1200a.jpg

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:38 AM

Don't do Facebook. How about the full picture of the clip here?

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,507 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

Cropped the original. Will try to bring to SF. Do save my table. Working on article.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users