fabbale's Content

There have been 66 items by fabbale (Search limited from 12-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#3273 WAHL DORIC B&P

Posted by fabbale on 24 November 2010 - 06:11 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

I'm interested to know your opinion about this pen.
I've not seen a lot Wahl in this color and i think that is very beauty.
The box is correct for this item???

Thank

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3272 TIBALDI INFRANGIBILE

Posted by fabbale on 24 November 2010 - 06:00 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Tibaldi in one of the must brand that italian collector's looking for.
In this example, is a INFRANGIBILE item. (UNBREAKABLE in english)

Is a set in not good color and the nib is not originale, but all, is must rare.

Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3227 DUOFOLD OVERLAY

Posted by fabbale on 23 November 2010 - 05:26 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Verily, thus the limited in, " Evokes the Waterman Continental overlays, at least in my limited experience with them."

I'm good with "Italian".

-d

Just appointed.

One in art deco style made in Italy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The other in ripple

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are CONTINENTAL FOUNTAIN PENS, MADE IN ITALY

Have been inserted for example CONTINENTAL talking about. The administrator decides whether to move in the waterman, delete or keep them to conclude some thought.

#3193 DUOFOLD OVERLAY

Posted by fabbale on 22 November 2010 - 08:21 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Thank you all for your attention and your opinions

FB

#3173 Ciao a tutti !!!!

Posted by fabbale on 21 November 2010 - 06:10 PM in Say Hello!

Hello everybody from Italy.

I've found this beautifull site going around in web; i've noticed the name of " Big Collectors" and i hope they can help me for vintage fountain pens made in usa or in the others nations.

Ciao
FB
:rolleyes:

#3172 DUOFOLD OVERLAY

Posted by fabbale on 21 November 2010 - 05:55 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Ciao John
Although I doubt.
I called DUOFOLD because there was a nib but I was never sure.
I see your opinion as truth.
Give me an opinion on the next Duofold overlay I will publish; in this case there should be no problems.

Thanks for all

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3170 DUOFOLD OVERLAY

Posted by fabbale on 21 November 2010 - 04:40 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

While I think it's a great looking pen, I'm not sure that it's a Parker Duofold. The shoulder on the section is not correct for a Parker section. Also, the blind cap on this pen has a flare at the end, which Parkers do not have. There were a number of Duofold copies made in Europe in the 1920s and I suspect this pen started as one of those, with the overlay added. Having a Duofold nib would not prove it to be a Parker, as those are easily swapped.

Ciao John
Although I doubt.
I called DUOFOLD because there was a nib but I was never sure.
I see your opinion as truth.
Give me an opinion on the next Duofold overlay I will publish; in this case there should be no problems.

Thanks for all

#3167 DUOFOLD OVERLAY

Posted by fabbale on 21 November 2010 - 02:05 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

I'm a fan of Duofold; tihis model it's my first love during my collector live.
In Italy, there are Duofold overlay made very well.

In this case, one made by F.lli Cavaliere (ANGLO AMER); a Firm that work also by Waterman.

For you a Big red RHR; not a good photo ma i think a great pen.

Your opinion???

:unsure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3166 PEPSI FOUNTAIN PEN - need info -

Posted by fabbale on 21 November 2010 - 01:38 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Good chance the nib is correct.

Great specimen! The original box is truly rare.

Thank David.
It's a plesaure your opinion.
;)

#3139 PEPSI FOUNTAIN PEN - need info -

Posted by fabbale on 20 November 2010 - 02:43 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Hello everybody from italy.

I have in my collection this nice pen; i seem to have read that is an Eagle production.
It 's the truth?
The nib does not convince me; it's original??

Many thanks
:rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3138 BOLOGNA PEN SHOW (Italy)

Posted by fabbale on 20 November 2010 - 02:28 PM in Pen Shows, Clubs, Associations, Books and Magazines.

Add in calendar.

On 28 november in Bologne, A.I.C.P.S. organization.

;)

#3137 A gem Nassau Green you just don't see every day...

Posted by fabbale on 20 November 2010 - 02:25 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Great color David.

I don't know any about this brand; i've in y collection a trio set in B&P in not good condition, but nice for me.
Can you telle something?

Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3134 Nettuno pens - info anyone?

Posted by fabbale on 20 November 2010 - 11:27 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Hi Fabbale,

Thanks for joining the Board. While the site is hosted in the USA, I suspect I speak for many saying that international pen discussion is very welcome. I fear I do not know very much about vintage Italian pens, but I am happy to learn.

The Stipula Nettuno pens in my picture (Superba and Idra) are near modern pens (late 1990s I believe) done by Stipula in the style/tradition of Nettuno, the defunct pen company. I guess that makes them replica, although I do not know that Netunno made pens of this original shape. My recollection is that the celluloid used was old stock from decades earlier. I am not certain of that.

Is there a good book to learn about old Italian pens... a book in English? ;)

-david

Ciao David, thank for your info.
In Italy, during the last years several books are made, some also in english.
I think that for you the better book is :

Posted Image

Are 2 books that examine all production and it's the Opera Omnia about italian vintage fountain pens; it's write in italian and english.
Letizia is a friend of mine and if you need a copy i think that's possibile ask her.
Other important books:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you need some information about italian pens, let me know. I'll be happy to help you.

#3123 Nettuno pens - info anyone?

Posted by fabbale on 19 November 2010 - 10:33 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Hi,

I usually focus on old pens from the USA (and related international divisions), but I have a few modern pens and a few old pens from abroad. Early in my collecting, I did stumble upon the Stipula Nettuno editions. They had quite a "vintage" look, even to me, who at the time had only been into old pens for a bit. I ended up owning both Superba and Idra. While these are not vintage Nettuno pens, proper, they are rather nice. I finally had chance to shoot them (been very busy month),and now offer the images here. I would like to see images of true vintage Nettuna pens, never having seen one before.

Anway, the Stipula versions...

Posted Image

regards

David

Hi David
this set in wooooow!!!!

I've never seen a Stipula like this; the Nettuno is a vintage or a replica?

FB

#3122 Nettuno pens - info anyone?

Posted by fabbale on 19 November 2010 - 10:31 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Since I started collecting vintage Italians, one of the the things I've learned is that the rules are very different from American pens. When we find an American pen with a nib of another manufacturer, we either assume "frankenpen", or that there was a repair somewhere along the way. In either case, the pen is considered flawed and un-original.

With Italian pens, I'm finding pens that clearly were sold with nibs from other brands - I'm assuming a jeweler replaced the nib perhaps for a different writing characteristic for a particular user. My latest experience with this was at DC (some of you might have seen this pen) - a GF Omas pen with The King nib in it (The King is not a sub-brand of Omas). The owner of the pen swears this pen is untouched since it was presented as a wedding gift.

I've got other such examples that I no longer attribute to a mid-life replacement nib. I just don't know.

Marc

Ciao Marc,
this is a THE KING in mervellous conditions (i think...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3120 Nettuno pens - info anyone?

Posted by fabbale on 19 November 2010 - 09:37 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

<br /><br /><br />

That was almost 10 years ago (probably more), so I don't think it still will possible to get one at that price. Nettuno are hard to find anyway, and in Italy we don't have big pen show like the ones in the US or in Germany.

I'm from Florence so I'm quite interested in Tibaldi, but in more than 15 years collecting I just found one outside pen shows. Usually you find some Tibaldi model (let say one or two) in pens shows, but for the Infrangibile it's almost three year that I cannot see any one. I saw a Superba last year and this year also. But I go just to some of the pen show (I'a collector, not a seller) so perhaps I'm just unlucky.

Regards
Simone

Ciao Simone,
it's a plesaure to mee here!!!
We live in Tuscany, but we met in a usa forum!!!!
For you and all one TIBALDI in my collection

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image