MxMJ's Content

There have been 14 items by MxMJ (Search limited from 28-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#43731 Pontiac Master Salesman Vacumatic

Posted by MxMJ on 17 November 2016 - 03:08 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

This seems to be where all the Car company badged pens have ended up so I figured I would bump it.

I've got a new(?) one to add to the list. The pen below is on the way to me. Parker 51 DJ, appears to be a first year, with a Packard Master Salesman badge on the clip. Thought you all would find it interesting. Pics are from the seller, so not great.

Did I see this pen on eBay in the last few days?

Yeah, I decided against keeping it. Doesn't really fit in my collection.

#43720 Pontiac Master Salesman Vacumatic

Posted by MxMJ on 09 November 2016 - 09:51 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

This seems to be where all the Car company badged pens have ended up so I figured I would bump it.

I've got a new(?) one to add to the list. The pen below is on the way to me. Parker 51 DJ, appears to be a first year, with a Packard Master Salesman badge on the clip. Thought you all would find it interesting. Pics are from the seller, so not great.

gallery_12668_588_237603.jpg

gallery_12668_588_214204.jpg

#43459 Painted Conklin Ring Tops

Posted by MxMJ on 14 July 2016 - 03:27 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Does anyone have any info on the painted Conklin ring tops from the 1920s/30s? I have a set on the way to me and am not quite sure what I have. It might be a "1-2270S Blue and Orchid Flower Design" according to the 1930 catalog, but that doesn't show pictures.

This is it, I'll be able to take better pics in a few days.

gallery_12668_431_30551.jpg

#43349 If you've seen one Cross Century pencil, you've seen them all, correct?

Posted by MxMJ on 10 June 2016 - 05:01 AM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

I have some tiny Cross pencils. Cute little buggers. Top two are sterling, others are GF. Not sure what years mine are from though.

gallery_12668_431_1059709.jpg

#43059 Weird Nib; they foretold the future of photo editing? Photoshop Butte, Montana?

Posted by MxMJ on 05 March 2016 - 12:15 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Yep, same nib. Mine is missing the tipping on one side. if you are selling this one, PM me your price.

gallery_12668_431_242644.jpg

gallery_12668_431_69761.jpg

#43057 Weird Nib; they foretold the future of photo editing? Photoshop Butte, Montana?

Posted by MxMJ on 04 March 2016 - 06:58 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

I have a closely matching pen and nib, maybe even the same. I want to say it is from 'Al's Photo Shop' and it appears to be a rebranded mabie todd. I'll see if I can dig it up tonight.

#42903 Pens of 2015

Posted by MxMJ on 24 January 2016 - 05:45 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Wow, nice stuff Brian.

I didn't even know they made Coronet pencils in sterling, very jealous. Also jealous of the green Good Service, I have one in Silver but wish it was green, it would match my Diamond Medal Vac-Fil. I'm sure I'll come across one someday.

#42896 Parker 51 DJ Set with Heritage/Window Pane caps

Posted by MxMJ on 20 January 2016 - 07:47 PM in Pens for Sale

SOLD!

#42857 Parker 51 DJ Set with Heritage/Window Pane caps

Posted by MxMJ on 16 January 2016 - 08:07 PM in Pens for Sale

1946 Parker 51 double jewel set with Heritage/Window pane caps and 14k trim, in box.

Pen body -  clear imprint, no chips or cracks, some general wear (I haven't cleaned or polished it). Correct blindcap with 14k tassie. The nib looks fine but is kind of gunked up. Unrestored, I haven't and don't really plan to take it apart.
Pen cap - No dents, one 2mm scratch below the clip. Correct 14k clip. '1/8 14k gold filled'.

Pencil body - no imprint, no cracks or chips, some general wear (I haven't cleaned or polished it). Correct 14k nosecone, no dents, advances lead properly. Nosecone looks a little odd, like it was plated with something and is wearing off?

Pencil cap - General wear, no dents, dings or scratches. Correct 14k clip. 1/10th 16k gold filled cap.

Looking for $450, located in the US.

EQPBQANl.jpg

#42804 Last few months of finds

Posted by MxMJ on 05 January 2016 - 06:19 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Nice Diamond Medal.

Thanks, been looking for an inexpensive one for a couple years. The eBay listing for this one actually had decent pictures but other than that, may have been the worst listing I have ever seen. Wrong category, seller misspelled diamond, medal (two different ways), and fountain. I only found it because I was bidding on something else of theirs and looked at their other listings. Got it super cheap.

Very nice selection of pens.  You finished 2015 very strong!  I particularly like the color on the Univer.

- Grayling

Thanks! The cap of the Univer is not in good shape and the nib is wrong, body and imprint are good though.

#42795 Last few months of finds

Posted by MxMJ on 05 January 2016 - 03:40 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Here are the more interesting pens I've picked up in the last three or four months.

gallery_12668_431_1633880.jpg

gallery_12668_431_1417675.jpg

1. Esterbrook Bandless Dollar Pen engraved "Good luck | Hanover Township Service Club | World War 1941"
  2. Esterbrook Transitional J with uncommon Palladium-Silver trim and matching 8556 nib
  3. Parker Geometric Duofold pretty clean example for one of these
  4. Diamond Medal Lockdown Vacumatic
  5. Parker Jotter ballpoint with sterling silver Ted Kennedy overlay
  6. Parker 51 Aerometric with a stub nib
  7. Diamond Point - in Royal Challengers plastic
  8. Sheaffer Balance - unusual Canadian variant
  9. Sheaffer Touchdown 'Rule of Four'
  10. Vacuum-fil twist filler
  11. Univer more commonly branded Vaccum, Vaccum-fil or WASP.
  12. Elwee solid coin silver pencil
  13. Eversharp Coronet pencil

#42710 Interesting Gold Bond

Posted by MxMJ on 08 December 2015 - 05:22 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

There might be some fluorescing to the cap, it is kind of hard to tell. Overall it is pretty clean, just darkened and with some brassing. Moot point though, I'm keeping it, sorry.

Mine does have one difference from yours. Mine does not say 'Stonite' under Gold Bond, I'm not entirely clear on what 'Stonite' is though, so that could just be related to the color/pattern.

#42701 Interesting Gold Bond

Posted by MxMJ on 08 December 2015 - 03:27 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Got this in the mail today, it has a clip I don't recognize though. Any ideas? It has a replacement (I assume) John Holland nib.

I was going to sell it, but after handling it, I think I have to keep it. Especially since I kind of have a green collection.

gallery_12668_431_625645.jpg

gallery_12668_431_1365711.jpg

#42604 Parker Vacumatic - O/S Burgundy Lockdown

Posted by MxMJ on 20 November 2015 - 02:34 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Got my first Oversize Vacumatic today, got a HELL of a deal on it too. I tend to like smaller pens but it is surprisingly comfortable to use. Dunno if I'm going to be able to keep it though, real life expenses suck!

sfQEHhhl.jpg

syCbOLKl.jpg

Golden Pearl lockdown standard and an Emerald sub-deb for size reference.

Link to Full Album