Roger W.'s Content

There have been 7 items by Roger W. (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#44101 Which is the Rarer Colour Snorkel Between Fern and Sage

Posted by Roger W. on 28 October 2017 - 09:00 PM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

What do you think of this? (scroll down to see the listing).

I found it by accident. It was posted in the "Sets" category with the spellings "Scheaffer" "Snorkle."

Notice in the second photo the pen is chalked.

https://www.ebay.com...cvip=true&rt=nc

Sweet - looks periwinkle to me but, color on the bay can be deceiving.  I own one such periwinkle that is pastel blue afterall.

Roger W.

#44096 Which is the Rarer Colour Snorkel Between Fern and Sage

Posted by Roger W. on 22 October 2017 - 11:55 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Robert;

Easily Fern.  Peacock and Periwinkle are close after that.

Roger W.

#44013 Sheaffer 1920's Flat-tops - different sizes names

Posted by Roger W. on 06 July 2017 - 05:27 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

There is a strong chance I will get my site up and running again along the lines of a blog.  I've spent a little time on it but, not enough.

Roger W.

#43907 New/Old Stock Canadian Lever Fill Purchase

Posted by Roger W. on 23 March 2017 - 12:41 PM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Totally overlooked "lever" as the rest of it was sounding like a school pen.  What we need is a picture.

Roger W.

#43899 New/Old Stock Canadian Lever Fill Purchase

Posted by Roger W. on 20 March 2017 - 05:25 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Sounds like a "school pen" there are not model numbers to these.  My first pen was a Sheaffer school pen in 1979.  I have it here someplace.  My second pen was a Sheaffer Targa which is filled and on the desk from 1982.

Roger W.

#43893 What kind of filler on this Wahl Oxford desk pen?

Posted by Roger W. on 16 March 2017 - 01:55 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Could be a twist filler.  One of Boston's early patents was a twist filler but, you removed the section and twisted the sac directly.  Boston was bought by Wahl so some of those ideas may have followed.  Doesn't seem like it would be a piston.  I never went into Wahl bases when I had the chance so I don't have any to compare.

Roger W.

#43874 Chicago Pen Club March 19th

Posted by Roger W. on 04 March 2017 - 08:22 AM in Pen Shows, Clubs, Associations, Books and Magazines.

We will be trying a new place.  L2 interactive, 792 W. Bartlett Road in Bartlett.  This is 1/2 mile east of Route 59.  It will be at 2PM which was discussed as the time most folks still want to meet.  This month we should finally be doing the PFM repair demonstration.  I hope to see you there.

Roger W.