Stuart07's Content

There have been 2 items by Stuart07 (Search limited from 23-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#43127 Watermans 502

Posted by Stuart07 on 01 April 2016 - 12:12 PM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

Hi John,

Admittedly, I come late to the "party", but I just read your post about the loose clip on the Waterman #502. It appears there was no response to your question. Did you ever solve your problem? (Assuming that you are still here and reading these posts!) I have the same issue and have seen this problem appear on other Watermans of this clip/stud design that come up for sale on ebay.  It would seem that the design itself is begging the problem to occur with eventual use and/or atmospheric changes of humidity and temperature resulting in a loosening of the clip/stud original tight fit inside the cap top. The bottom line is that it is, in my opinion, a poorly conceived design that the smart engineers at LE Waterman should never have made - but apparently they did - and it is we poor sods who are stuck with the problem of somehow fixing it.

Stuart07

#43126 Richard Binder's Kindle Restoration Book

Posted by Stuart07 on 01 April 2016 - 06:05 AM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

Hi All,

My question is directed to any of you who have acquired Mr. Binder's Repair Book in the digital Kindle version. I am considering purchasing this version but in looking at the "Look Inside" feature on amazon.com of the printed version, it appears very much like the info available on his website. So my question is whether the new book itself really does contain new or additional info/instruction that is not already on his website?

Re: the digital version, is anyone familiar enough with the contents to judge if it omits info or photos that are presented in the printed book version?

Thank you for any insights/opinions you are able to provide.

Stuart07