Reaper's Content

There have been 89 items by Reaper (Search limited from 07-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#42570 Brandon Cifani (Brando090) is engaged in fraud

Posted by Reaper on 15 November 2015 - 02:32 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Weird thing is, he'd likely have made more during that time at minimum wage. They always are tough before they go to jail.

-d

They are always tough before jail and they always find God in prison thru my profession also I learned everyone in jail claims innocents.. 

#42571 Brandon Cifani (Brando090) is engaged in fraud

Posted by Reaper on 15 November 2015 - 02:50 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Weird thing is, he'd likely have made more during that time at minimum wage. They always are tough before they go to jail.

-d

Does anyone have a list of user names that this kids used so I can make sure to look out for him?

#40611 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 08:40 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I'll also note that David and I don't agree on everything, politics, the housing market...the list could go on and on! Uh oh, I've opened up a can of worms now...

All, as I stated previously I am a collector of Parker 51's & 61's.. I have visited this sight a few times in the past as a guest but never participated in any of the forums, until a few of weeks ago.. when I came across the fake double jewel forum.. Which as a collector it seemed to catch my interest.. so I joined the group & I followed along.. throughout the thread it seemed to make the first seller out to be a lie & cheat.. which I knew was wrong because I had previously purchased a couple of 61's from that specific seller.. which by the way were true 61's.. So I had to message the seller and asked the seller why the seller did not say in description about the reproduction tassie? .. the reply I received from the seller satisfied me.. that seller had purchased the 51's & was reselling the item, so I asked them why would you tell Brian the tassie was from a Parker Dunfold ? And the seller replied, "when Brian asked the seller about the tassie the seller in turn asked the seller they purchased the set from and was told it was a tassie from a dunfold," in my opinion they were taken & did not realize it.. Now the second seller who re-listed & by the way changed the box to a Parker Leather box and re-listed them with a $650 BIN knew better.. That sellers store had several fountain pens for sale they should of knew better and so should the 1st eBay seller but perhaps greed blinded everyone... And Brian gave that 2nd seller the knowledge he did not offer to the first seller... Brian if you are gonna police all fountain pen sales on eBay perhaps you should allow everyone the same information.. I again asked the first eBay seller if Brain replied to them after the seller answered Brian's question about the tassie? They said no he did not, perhaps if Brian would have told them that the blind cap was a reproduction as he had done for the second eBay seller he could have possibly corrected their ignorance.. Which I suggested to the seller if ever the seller sells another set to just say what it is in the description, and if they do not know to find out from collectors, or experts! Which by the way the seller did not have to re-list this set because I purchased them I guess this thread influenced me to want the "Infamous Fake DJ".. Which I received yesterday and I believe I will use them as my new daily user set... I wanted everyone to know that I have received them & everything is correct except the tassie & jewel seem to be Kullock aftermarket reproductions.. They are in nice condition with a minor dent in the pencil cap.. 

I was going to quit posting opinions on this bias site after David & his friends had to defend the 51's he sells. Which he has some nice stuff, I was just making an observation about most of his blind caps but thinking it over, I decided sites like these should have all sorts of opinions & debates.. After all through a debate or discussion I may learn something new.. 

David I know I do not have the vast vocabulary you do, but I know how to get my point across.. As I suggested to that 1st eBay seller: "make sure you describe the item your selling correctly".. after all if vacumania.com can sell basically the same blind cap on a Parker 51 then there must be a market for it!!!  And even though I know you all will try to discredit everything I say, I am going to say what I believe right.. now through the discussion / debate if perhaps you change my beliefs I am not to proud to admit that.. I do not know you David.. But I would like to meet you perhaps at one of these big time pen shows.. I have a small collection of some rare Parker 51's.. Perhaps you could tell me if I got good deals or not.. 

My collecting started from childhood, and I guess really got serious about 8-9 years ago.. my Parker 51 collection has always been for myself not to show off or anything, I just love Parker Fountain pens.. I hope all of you on this site love whatever fountain pen you choose to collect.. from small time collectors to big time collectors you all should be able to identify with the same basic love of the hobby.. I know I do not know everything, and I can admit that I am still learning new things as I go! Isn't that what the hobby is about? So in closing I am here and will continue to be a member unless they kick me off the site!!! 

#40603 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 05:11 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Poor restoration techniques will often render the blind cap and barrel misaligned. Some restorers will sand the joint when on fronted with this issue. Sanding will produce a smooth finish but almost always results in parts that are no longer round but instead have a pronounced flat spot or oval shape. This results in making future alignment extremely difficult and produces a malformed barrel shape.

If the parts have not been sanded or reshaped in a prior restoration attempt (the left the factory round and on concentric axes) the can be realigned after restoration without removal of material.

Replacement jewels and tassies have no bearing on the alignment issues and are a separate issue. Reproduction blid caps are easily detected if you are familiar with 51s due to material differences between the original material and modern substitutes. Now old stock blind caps made by Parker for repair stock are available. They almost always are oversized and must be turned to size. Note Parker provided a tool for this but the repair most certainly required access to a lathe.

Reproduction parts are different than replacement parts taken from another original pen. Reproduction jewels are the wrong color and made from a different material. Replacement tassies are also easily detected in that they too are made from the wrong material and are turned on a lathe instead of stamped and formed. Not to mention the reproduction tassies have the wrong profile.

FarmBoy.. I will have to post a few pictures but recently I have purchase a 51 DJ were the bind cap seems to be a reproduction & what is worrisome the tassie is proper to Parker 51's original..

#40580 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 02:41 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David.. I do apologize for any misquoted comments.. in my opinion Vacumania.com sells awesome fountain pens.. And you sir are an incredible, very knowledgeable seller / collector..  I never meant to anger you.. I was merely asking other opinions of misaligned blind caps and stating a quote from someone who know parker 51's... 

#40612 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 08:42 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Check out this 51 on eBay # 231528498483 
they state its customized

Still no link.  I see the picture, what about it?
It is being sold by Ariel Kullock.

I think we are to speculate on origin.

I know it is Kullock.

Maybe it is from outer space.

All I just made an observation of the blind cap.. and wanted to share..

#40602 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 05:05 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Check out this 51 on eBay # 231528498483 

they state its customized 

Attached Thumbnails

• ebay auction#2315284988483.JPG

#40646 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 28 April 2015 - 03:49 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

FarmBoy,

Do I have to go to the Chicago pen show or perhaps we can deal online for your Parker 51's?

#40884 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 10 May 2015 - 10:53 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

How is Paypal risky?   Many do know...

regards

-d

David I still do not know what you are saying? Paypal risky.. Lol

#40873 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 09 May 2015 - 02:53 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David have you found any heirlooms sets of any kids especially solid gold' I'm looking to purchase?

The black 14K Smooth set and the Black 14K Fishscale set I posted in another thread are still available.

Farmboy

Farm Boy I would definitely be interested in both sets....

#40577 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 02:25 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David, what you call so called slander.. was only asking a question of other opinions.. you all are making something out of nothing, this is your site.. I am just a visitor..

#40645 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 28 April 2015 - 03:47 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David,

what would be considered rare colors? I collect frantically sometimes.. especially if i find something I do not possess.. David being a collector / seller perhaps through this I can obtain some rare Parker 51's.. David I buy in bulk if you want to sell to me?

#40574 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 02:08 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Reaper, your comment about David selling fake 51 double jewels is verging on insanity. He sells a pen where the description notes " Blind cap alignment a bit off. BLIND TASSIE AND JEWEL appear to be likely aftermarket replacements, likely Ariel's material" and so the following points need to be made:

1. He states that the jewel and tassie are not the original ones that came with the pen and notes that they are likely made by Mr Kullock therefore informing the buyer that they are new and reproduction.
  2. The pen is listed at an appropriate price given the issues, if one were to find a replacement blind cap with end jewel that thread on cleanly they would have a pen that would have much more value then the $160 selling price.

Now there are a few points that need to be clarified with your response:

1. What information or proof do you have that the proprietor is selling fake 51 double jewels?
  2. Why would you turn the pen into a single jewel, then wouldn't you be "making up" a 51 single jewel from parts something that had a problem with, (see your posts from page 2-3)
  3. Discolouration and alignment issues do not constitute or fake pen, they are with out question condition issues but Parker did not make all of their pens perfectly. I have had more then one Parker pen where the blind cap did not line up with the barrel as the threads were either not cut correctly or the threads end was cut on an angle.

1st - he states it is an after market tassie in his description. an to anyone in the know it is..

2nd - David himself said if one is using authentic Parker parts then its okay to do so..

3rd - Yes misalignment to some affect is a problem.. a severely misaligned cap is questionable..... discoloration to some affect is correct since the plastics used were different.. but i am JUST STATING AN OBSERVATION..

#40536 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 04:24 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David we are not debating in this thread weather or not the sky is blue? We are discussing Parker 51's.

#40537 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 04:43 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

As to goals, I point out merely that  whether you are suspicious or not that the sky is blue is one thing...

I don't know though why blind cap misalignment on Vacumatic filling pens suggests that...

-d

David, I always collected 51's but got really serious into Parker 51 collecting about 8 years ago.. Like yourself I know a few people that know a few things about the Parker 51 series.. Whom from time to time I ask what their thoughts are on Parker 51's I acquire..  And I Recently sent the one I consider a guru ( my "Sensei" in Parker 51's) the link to this thread.. And this morning I received this quote Anonymous quote excised by ye olde Admin.

David, he asked me to leave it open ended, so he can introduce himself when he is ready..  

I thought it would be good to discuss this with the other collectors posting in the thread?

#40533 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 04:23 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David I have made an edit to the post. Giving credit for picture.

#40498 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 24 April 2015 - 01:36 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I see grey also...

#40487 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 23 April 2015 - 02:20 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Thanks for alerting me to my misspelling of "pane"...

#40538 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 05:07 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

All pictures from VACUMANIA.COM

Attached Thumbnails

• pen2825lg.jpg
  • pen2829lg.jpg
  • pen2790lg.jpg
  • pen2637lg-1.jpg

#40553 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 06:32 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David we are not debating in this thread weather or not the sky is blue? We are discussing Parker 51's.

Aye verily, but you have not specified your concern about the green 51.  I"m suspicious the sky is blue.  You have not told us your suspicion... ;)

I am poking a little in this, but clarity helps. There are fake pens out there, for a handful of pen models ever made. There are flaws with pens even those that are proper and original (not fake parts).  But, since I don't know of what you are suspicious, it is hard to address your "suspicions".

-d

David, I am NOT saying that you sell fakes.. I am merely asking what others think about the blind caps of a few on your site, because I have a few with the same issues were the blind cap does not align with the barrel, actually the blind cap is smaller than the barrel. I am asking what others thoughts are on this?

#40573 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 26 April 2015 - 01:58 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

WOW.. Gentlemen slow down... First of all I was asking the opinion of misaligned caps.. and second yes there is one double jewel that seems to be an after market tassie on vacuuming.com.. I was asking about misaligned blind caps.. and further more it seems the same people jump all over anything that questions David.. I was just stating an observation..  What if's & should of could of was merely an observation.. David I apologize if I offended you in anyway... I was MERELY STATING AN OPINION!!! an Observation! asking what others opinions were about some blind caps? Since when is it unholy to ask others opinions?

#40556 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 06:37 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

David Please clarify..

#40555 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 06:36 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Reaper, are you suggesting above that your "sensei" on Parker 51s claims that David sells DJ 51s on Vacumania with reproduction blind caps?

Brian, I am not saying nothing if you look at the Parker 51's sold on VACUMANIA.com there is a grey DJ  sold with a reproduction cap...

It does not have a reproduction cap

And to clarify Brian's intent, if not literal words, Brian is in fact asking if I offer reproduction parts without citing them.

Go figure...

-d

David to clarify, you are saying the Grey Parker 51 picture attached from VACUMANIA.com does not have a reproduction blind cap?

It is the same tassie /  Blind cap the Parker 51 has that started this thread...

#40554 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 25 April 2015 - 06:35 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Reaper, are you suggesting above that your "sensei" on Parker 51s claims that David sells DJ 51s on Vacumania with reproduction blind caps?

Brian, I am not saying nothing if you look at the Parker 51's sold on VACUMANIA.com there is a grey DJ  sold with a reproduction cap...

It does not have a reproduction cap

And to clarify Brian's intent, if not literal words, Brian is in fact asking if I offer reproduction parts without citing them.

Go figure...

-d

David to clarify, you are saying the Grey Parker 51 picture attached from VACUMANIA.com does not have a reproduction blind cap?

Attached Thumbnails

• parker 51.jpg

#40486 Fake Parker 51 DJs

Posted by Reaper on 23 April 2015 - 02:19 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

It would be interesting to know if Parker intended for the window pain to be on black.

Time to correct this: it is window pane. A window pain is when you fall through one.

Thank you! for bring attention to my mistake...