24 replies to this topic

#21 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

Have impression the rounded top pens are slightly later. Now to figure how to back that claim...

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#22 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

I dunno, but I will admit, I never really cared for true blue's until the original post in this thread, that middle example, the pattern is hypnotic, wow, freaking wow. Nice pen.

#23 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

This one, not being bandless, perhaps is a smidge less interesting than the pen seen from the Wisconsin library display last page, but it is still lofty Zaner-Bloser edition of the Parker True Blue.

The most valuable plastic sub-Duofold of the twenty's and thirties?

Posted Image

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#24 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

This one, not being bandless, perhaps is a smidge less interesting than the pen seen from the Wisconsin library display last page, but it is still lofty Zaner-Bloser edition of the Parker True Blue.

Posted Image

regards

David

Hard to know the value since they appear so infrequently, but surely in the top strata. I'd lump it in with some of the very hard to find Moderne & Premier colors. I recall a dog eared red Moderne (US version) at the Ohio show auction going for $900 some four or five years ago. On any given day......
JJ
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#25 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hard to know the value since they appear so infrequently, but surely in the top strata. I'd lump it in with some of the very hard to find Moderne & Premier colors. I recall a dog eared red Moderne (US version) at the Ohio show auction going for $900 some four or five years ago. On any given day......
JJ

My thoughts exactly John. I think the Zaner-Bloser Parkers, regardless of color, are pretty close to the top of the list. Of all the Z-B Parkers that pop up, they seem to pop up most often in the True Blue plastic. I've seen a black one before, but only one.

I was thinking of that red Moderne as well from a price perspective. There was one on ebay for years where the seller wanted $900 as a BIN.

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users