#21 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

SNIP

I hate that some of you guys don't trust me, i m not sure if that's the right word, but time will tell I suppose.

All good. You can gain further insight by wrestling with whether you merely hate a negative outcome (after all, who likes bad things?) or hate that you generated that outcome. If it is the latter, you can work to improve outcomes in the future. Food for thought, I hope...

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#22 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

The reality is that we don't trust you. If I were to make a deal with say, John Danza I would send him the pen in a hearbeat with no money changng hands. And, I expect he would do the same for me. He is not the only one on the list that I would trust implicitly. Heck one of these guys actually wrote me a check for more than a $1500 and didn't sign it. Did I worry? Not in the least. I knew him, had dealt with him many times and knew him to be 100% trustworthy. That is where you need to get too in your dealings with this community.
I guess though I am glad you are back, you do keep the level of long and poignant letters coming in.
Best
Jerry

#23 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

I probably shouldn't ask this but I will. Who hires a 16 year old for $18.00 an hour?
Jerry

#24 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

The reality is that we don't trust you. If I were to make a deal with say, John Danza I would send him the pen in a hearbeat with no money changng hands. And, I expect he would do the same for me. He is not the only one on the list that I would trust implicitly. Heck one of these guys actually wrote me a check for more than a $1500 and didn't sign it. Did I worry? Not in the least. I knew him, had dealt with him many times and knew him to be 100% trustworthy. That is where you need to get too in your dealings with this community.
I guess though I am glad you are back, you do keep the level of long and poignant letters coming in.
Best
Jerry

I don't know if this qualifies for good or bad, but I take it as good in that its a teachable moment and it keeps us all busy on the forum :)

Also $18 get you a lot from a hard working, motivated employee. I'm not only in charge of about 14 other employees, but I make sure everyone is on task and not standing around. As they say, if your leaning, your cleaning.

#25 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

I don't know if this qualifies for good or bad, but I take it as good in that its a teachable moment and it keeps us all busy on the forum :)

Also $18 get you a lot from a hard working, motivated employee. I'm not only in charge of about 14 other employees, but I make sure everyone is on task and not standing around. As they say, if your leaning, your cleaning.

Are you sure it's your leaning, not my leaning?

-d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#26 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Best
Jerry

How many hours a week are you working, what are your hours?

#27 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

At age 72 I am unsure if I have ever heard that bit of wisdom "if you're leaning your cleaning" Must have escaped me during my Philosophy class in 1959, I guess the authoratative bearing of a 16 year old must get everyones attention. And 14 people WOW I was the VP of Sales of a $44MM company and didn't have 14 people and the Director of Sales of a unit of Fasco Motors with sales of over $100MM and didn't have 14 people as direct reports. I am envious!
Doth thou exaggerate to much?
Jerry

#28 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

-d

Did you not score very well on the English portion of the ACT exam?

#29 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

-d

Did you not score very well on the English portion of the ACT exam?

I apologize for any grammatical errors, I'm on a different system that I'm not accustomed to.

#30 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

At age 72 I am unsure if I have ever heard that bit of wisdom "if you're leaning your cleaning" Must have escaped me during my Philosophy class in 1959, I guess the authoratative bearing of a 16 year old must get everyones attention. And 14 people WOW I was the VP of Sales of a $44MM company and didn't have 14 people and the Director of Sales of a unit of Fasco Motors with sales of over $100MM and didn't have 14 people as direct reports. I am envious!
Doth thou exaggerate to much?
Jerry

Jerry,

I understand what this must mean for you, and not underestimating you, but the employees I'm in charge of, are part of a $2.4 billion dollar a year company. And yes, its billions with a b.

Edited by brando090, 05 April 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#31 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

What hours are you working Brandon, how many days a week and how many are you supervising?

#32 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Jerry,

I understand what this must mean for you, and not underestimating you, but the employees I'm in charge of, are part of a $2.4 billion dollar a year company. And yes, its billions with a b.

Which company?

regards

david

Posted Image

#33 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

I apologize for any grammatical errors, I'm on a different system that I'm not accustomed to.

Which system? Is it different from the one you used last fall?

regards

david

Posted Image

#34 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

The loss of Dennis and the return of Brandon..........coincidence?
Jerry

#35 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Jerry

Edited by me to state, it is not a coincidence. They are not the same person at all.

Edited by PatMorgan, 05 April 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#36 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Jerry

In this case... yes, abaict. ;)

It's ok. Pen fans are welcome, and if the tangents get... interesting... so be it.

regards

d

Posted Image

#37 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Jerry

Jerry, it is a coincidence.

I was on the phone when I wrote above and just noticed I left out an important word, it is not a coincidence, they are two different people. I apologize for my ooopsky.

#38 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I was on the phone when I wrote above and just noticed I left out an important word, it is not a coincidence, they are two different people. I apologize for my ooopsky.

Hi Pat,

Actually that does make it a coincidence. Though, I need my six hours sleep before night shift, so maybe I'm misreading ;)

-d

Posted Image

#39 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

i await your interpretation when you are ready. Gute schluffie.

#40 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

What hours are you working Brandon, how many days a week and how many are you supervising?

Based on previous responses...you are pushing a rope.

I'm going with Wendy's they are always scrubbing something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users