RichelleG's Content

There have been 47 items by RichelleG (Search limited from 28-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#17876 E Faber NY Traveling Dip Pen

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 07:36 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

This was in the lot of sweetness I picked up yesterday.

Closed it is 5" x 5/16". I believe it is brass but cant be 100% unless I polish some part of it & to ruin the honey-olive patina would be a crime. I did some reading and I read that after the Faber plant burned down they moved to Brooklyn(?) in 1872 and by the early 1880's were making 'metal pens'. So it's my guess that this beauty queen is 125+ years old. I am particularly enamored of the spiral design.
Posted Image

Posted Image

You can just make out the NY of 'E Faber NY' on the ferrule(?). Between the words Nor and That.

Posted Image

Does anyone have any more information and a possible retail value?

#17874 My Conklin Nozac

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 06:45 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Very nice! I'm really growing to like the Nozacs.

#17873 Hi Everyone

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 06:42 PM in Say Hello!

Hi!!!

lol sorry Jon I couldn't resist.

For chatty foofery you can go 'there' for serious pen information and history people come here. I'm new to the board too and this place keeps blowing my socks off with the depth of knowledge.

#17865 WTB/WTT: I need a Pearl & Black Sheaffer Cap

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 08:16 AM in Want Lists and Trade Offers

As stated in the subject line I need a Pearl & Black Sheaffer cap with the humped ball clip as well as a short nose drive mechanical pencil. I would prefer the earlier longer clip model, but will take what I can find. A basic black cap with the humped ball clip would even work ion a pinch. This is for my own collection so I'm not too picky on this one. The barrel is a pretty honey amber so if your cap is discolored even better. What I have is the barrel for an early combo pen/pencil. It's missing the cap and nose drive mechanical pencil. If you hvae anything that will work, please contact me.

Thanks
Richelle

#17864 OS Conklin Nozac question

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 07:18 AM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Wish you luck -- they aren't common pens. You might find someone on the board who can help, but another possibility might be the Ohio Pen Show, which is coming up Nov. 8-11 in Columbus. Conklins were made in Toledo, so I can't think of a better place to find Conklin collectors who might know of parts or have some. I've never been to that show, however, and I really don't know how big the Conklin community is. My gut tells me it's going to be a hard part to find. Is the knob the only problem, or is the filler mechanism damaged, too?

The ONLY issue is the missing knob. The filler is present and waiting to get to work. There is no possible way for me to attend the November show. 3 1/2 months pregnant with my second child. Woo hoo!!

If you know anyone going I would pay a premium for a good knob...wait a sec:blink:..(never mind too easy)....I'll pay whatever is needed to get the part. :D

#17860 Stunning Lapis Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 06:23 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Beautiful & in jaw dropping condition for more than one reason. The pics stink, but they are the best I can manage inside.

So just LOOK at this pen. 5 1/4" x 9/16" at the cap band. No discoloration or brassing anywhere on the cap and only 2 tiny spots on the fill lever. It's just a beautiful pen!

This small spot on the side of the barrel looks to have been caused by a drop of some kind of solvent. Under magnification I can see the melty spots.

I do have to say that small spot.......
Posted Image

....is nothing compared to this side.

Posted Image

Did the bottom of your belly just drop out too?

The full shot.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The upside is the delightfully smooth Medium Gold Seal Manifold nib. Incredible writer? Oh yes indeed!

Posted Image

so..does anyone know where I can find a new barrel?

#17859 OS Conklin Nozac question

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 06:08 AM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Thank you for the information and pic Wekiva.

Ok now need to find a striped turn knob. Anyone have a spare they can sell?

#17852 Caught in the wilds of central Missouri this afternoon

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 02:40 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Did you get my PM?

yes reply sent

#17847 OS Conklin Nozac question

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 02:02 AM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Oh...ok what style is it? & correct color knob?

#17838 Caught in the wilds of central Missouri this afternoon

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 01:22 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Thank you very much Roger. The box does seen sort of 'off' for this pen. Hmm a clip huh. Well this is a ring top so that cant really be in play now can it..lol.

#17835 OS Conklin Nozac question

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 01:16 AM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

On an OS green herringbone model, what is the correct color for the turn/filler knob? Are they color matched to the barrel and cap or are they black?

Nice color better clarity.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1905.jpg
  • 100_1912.jpg

#17832 Eep! Board Apologies re: RIP Dennis Lively.

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 01:06 AM in Greetings + Latest News

It's because of that crap that I will never post there again. I honestly believe I have lost some faith in humanity. For people to say that his attempt was a hoax sickens me to my core. Sorry to interject. Back to pens please.

#17831 Caught in the wilds of central Missouri this afternoon

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 01:04 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Sure, what'cha want?

#17826 Caught in the wilds of central Missouri this afternoon

Posted by RichelleG on 13 September 2012 - 10:12 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Hit a yard sale this morning and scored pretty decent.

Big and beautiful Sanfords bottle with slightly stained but intact label.

Boxed BCHR Parker 18 1/2 eye dropper with paper instructions/AD. The chasingworn off and all that remains is a ghost but has excellent color, very early & very flexible Lucky Curve nib. I haven't pulled the nib so I don't know the number, but #2 would be my guess.

Blue velvet box. Mint, BCHR jobber imprinted with GLIDE in the indica. The shoosh/swooping drape style chasing was used by Wahl, the font on the nib says wahl to me, but I'm still a rookie so I could be wrong. Either way it's mint & very flexible. Dated inside the box-tray PAT. August 2, 1921. (Can any of you patent masters track down that date and share any information you find?)

Wire band sheaffer vac filler (blown), triumph nib.

E Faber NY brass traveling dip pen. This has such an amazing patina. I wont bring myself to polish it ever.

BCHR Jobber ED. No name, cracked cap, no nib.

Big yellow Eagle Pencil CO. Steel trim, no clip or nib. Someone removed an engraved name. It looks like they used a hatchet!

Yes that is a Mint NOS Lapis Wahl Gold Seal. More on this one later in the Wahl forum.

Black demi sized Skyline with an incredibly flexible nib.

Not shown, Uncle D picked up 100+ mechanical pencils, they are mostly advertising pieces, but there are a few that are going to a serious pencil guy for evaluation.

My part was a crisp C-note His was $20. I think we did ok today. Whats your opinion?

The seller told me he picked these up in an estate sale in Florida and had been in storage since the late 80's when they moved up to MO. Regarding the Parker 18 1/2. The box is covered with writing,The oldest looking one reads Mom Jones. Inside on the paper-ad another name was written. So I did some looking and discovered a pretty cool story.

The name on the paper is Emory Jones. A bit of google searching turned up this page.

http://www.findagrav...r&GRid=22086684

Emory seems like we was a pretty cool old dude who went out enjoying himself. Now it mentions he was 6th of 9 children. A woman like that could only be known as Mom Jones.

His mother http://www.geni.com/...000012422015884 and his father's
http://www.geni.com/...000012421980638 ages are both right smack in the middle of the range when this pen was sold new. I can very easily envision mom or dad picking it out at he local drug store display and it being the faithful workhorse and handed down for 2 generations as hinted to by the extremely worn chasing and the names. I could be 100%$ wrong because this is my first real search into the history of a pen. Either way it was fun.

#17825 Caught in the wilds of central Missouri this afternoon

Posted by RichelleG on 13 September 2012 - 10:11 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

please delete double post. sorry

#17701 FS: Waterman Edson, Parker 61, Namiki VP, Levenger Decathlon & more

Posted by RichelleG on 11 September 2012 - 12:46 AM in Pens for Sale

<font face="verdana, arial"><font size="2"><font face="verdana, arial"><font size="2">sorry for the double post</font></font></font></font>

#17483 Mint NOS boxed Parker 51 Flighter set

Posted by RichelleG on 02 September 2012 - 10:06 PM in Pens for Sale

Lets get this set sold!

I'll bet when I knock a C-note off the price they'll move.

Here go's

$400 shipped in the US. $425 international.

#17399 Red and Gold Namiki VP. Broad nib.

Posted by RichelleG on 31 August 2012 - 11:51 PM in Pens for Sale

Red and Gold Namiki VP. Broad nib. Excellent condition, comes with converter. No box. $85 shipped in the USA w/ delivery confirmation. International $105 shipped registered-signature delivery first class. If you need pics I can try and shoot a couple for you.

Email me directly rigrohosky@gmail.com

#17397 Wanted: OS Conklin Nozac filler nob

Posted by RichelleG on 31 August 2012 - 09:47 PM in Want Lists and Trade Offers

I am looking for the fill nob for an Green Herringbone OS Conklin Nozac. The pen is in NOS condition so the better your nob is the more I'll want it.

Oh my that sounds so dirty...lol

#17392 Mint NOS boxed Parker 51 Flighter set

Posted by RichelleG on 31 August 2012 - 06:32 PM in Pens for Sale

On consignment I have a mint NOS boxed Parker 51 Flighter set.This is a collector grade set. It looks to have a fine or extra fine nib. Short clip-late model. No date code on the pen. Perfect condition, still in the cellophane sleeve.

The pencil is in similar perfect condition and bears a very late date code of 5.3 , 3rd quarter 1953 if I am not mistaken. Late model short clip to match the pen. Perfect unused eraser. The cellophane sleeve on this one is ripped.

The box is in fair condition and has done it's job protecting the set for close to 60 years. The exterior top left corner on the lid has a deep scuff & damaged leather. I doesn't close flush, slight off set. The interior has one stain on the lower tray left side. The lid lining's glue has failed and falls loose but is in very good condition.

$500 shipped in the USA with delivery confirmation.
$525 International shipped first class, insured, registered-signature delivery.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My client is also interested in possible trades + cash.

Potential trades they are willing to consider:

Waterman Edson Blue preferred but any color will work. Medium or broad nib (oblique or stubs are even better)

Pelikan M800 FP/BP set Blue or Green

Higher end fixed blade knives (Randall, Vaughn Neely and the like)

#17391 Parker Aluminum Duofold

Posted by RichelleG on 31 August 2012 - 05:50 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

No, my Uncle used to be apart of the pen repair and sales community. He bought it from a German ebay seller, repaired it and sold it a few years ago.

#17372 Parker Aluminum Duofold

Posted by RichelleG on 31 August 2012 - 08:04 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

My Uncle and I were perusing ebay yesterday and we spotted this auction. I thought it was a Parker as well, but he informed me this is most certainly not a Parker product. He showed me a pic of one he had a few years ago. It is the exact same pen with a generic unmarked clip and a generic Warranted 14K nib. He bought it from Germany & felt that was the country of origin.

His pics posted with permission.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image