ZGrand's Content

There have been 16 items by ZGrand (Search limited from 27-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#13763 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 15 March 2012 - 08:18 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Thanks, David - I appreciate your insights. As I surmised, none are particilarly valuable, except of course in sentimental value.

#13695 Parker 45 Desk Set -- Any Value Here?

Posted by ZGrand on 12 March 2012 - 08:36 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Thanks --- it does say Eversharp. :)

#13647 Parker 45 Desk Set -- Any Value Here?

Posted by ZGrand on 09 March 2012 - 11:46 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Here's another find from my Mother's basement. A very dusty, unused fine-point Parker 45 desk set. My guess is it is from the early '60's. Still with the original cartridge, (believe it or not there's still a little ink in it) and all original paperwork. Is there any value here?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13598 Conklin Gold Pen #3

Posted by ZGrand on 05 March 2012 - 08:56 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

I'm afraid I'm of absolutely no help, but it sure is a beautiful pen.

#13580 Help Identifying This Pencil

Posted by ZGrand on 04 March 2012 - 06:26 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Thanks for the information and the link. Yes, Jon does have pencils made by the American Pencil Company -- even one very similar to this one.

#13563 New Collector From Georgia

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 10:54 PM in Say Hello!

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. :)

#13539 Help Identifying This Pencil

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 02:34 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Here is a mechanical pencil I found at my Mother's house. It says "American" on the clip, and the eraser has an unusual location at the base of the top. The clip looks bent in the picture, but it is not. That's probably just a reflection of my camera. Has anyone ever seen one like it? I couldn't find anything on the web about a writing instrument manufacturer called American. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

#13533 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 01:48 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Thanks for the response. Yes, the 1942 model (Pen no. 4) is about 135mm long, whereas Pen no. 1 is about 128mm in length. Pen 4 and Pen 3 (the blue one) are the same length.

Interesting you should mention that Pen 1 has a nib from an older Duofold -- I did find a 1940 burgandy striped Duofold pencil, but no pen to match. (The site won't let me post a picture - I guess I've reached my limit (?)).

Here's an attempt to attach a picture from the Gallery as David suggested below:

Posted Image

It is pretty short -- was there a ladies model?

#13531 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:59 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Any help verifying that my identifications are correct and approximate values would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#13530 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:53 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

The top and jewel on Pen No. 4 is a little different from the others -- the jewel is a little taller.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1942 Long Major Jewel.jpg

#13529 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:52 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Pen No. 4 is a from 1942, and I believe it to also be a Long Major in Golden Brown.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1942 Long Major.JPG

#13528 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:46 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

The pen and pencil are dated 1940, and I believe the pen to be a Long Major.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1940 Long Major.JPG

#13527 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:44 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Pen No. 3 is a pen and pencil set in Azure Blue, with the original box.

Attached Thumbnails

• Parker Pens 9.jpg

#13526 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:41 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Pen no. 2 is from 1944, and I believe it to also be a Major in black.

1944 Black Major.JPG

#13525 New (to me) Parker Vacumatics

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:38 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Hi, all. I recently inherited a small collection of Parker Vacumatics when my mother passed away in January. I found these in various places in her house. I even found one of them in an old dusty box in the basement - I would guess it had been there for over 40 years. Although they took some cleaning, they all appear to be in excellent condition. Here are some pictures. I would like the board's assistance to verify what I think I have, and get an estimate of their approximate value. I have no intention of selling them, I would just like to know if any of them are particularly valuable.

Pen 1 I found is from 1945, and I believe it to be a standard Major in Golden Brown. Very good condition except for the nib which is slightly bent on the end (as if someone was very emphatic with their sentence ending!). The barrel and cap have the "seamed" banding. Is this particularly rare?

1945 Major.JPG

#13524 New Collector From Georgia

Posted by ZGrand on 03 March 2012 - 12:02 AM in Say Hello!

Hi, all. I just became a collector of Parker Vacumatics. My mother recently passed away, and when cleaning out her house, I found a small collection of Parker pens and pencils. Although I grew up in the '50's and '60's and used various inexpensive fountain pens in school, I never knew my mother to use a fountain pen or of the existence of her collection. My guess is she stopped using them before I was in school, or she may have even gotten some of them from her parents when she cleaned out their house after they passed on in the '80's. At any rate, I'm quite sure the pens and pencils I found have been in the family's possession since they were new.

I would like some assistance to verify what I think I have, and to ascertain their approximate value. At this point, I have no intention of trying to sell them - it would just be nice to know. I will post some pictures in the "Post Your Pen Finds" forum shortly.

Thanks!