#121 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:55 AM

Watch perhaps for B-engineer
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#122 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#123 Ashram

Ashram

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

They say "if it sounds too good to be true it usually is."  Thanks for keeping this thread updated to warn everyone of a rare bad character in the pen world.  Thankfully I am cautious about dealing with anyone for the first time online and when emails arrived unsigned I grew concerned.  My concerns have been validated.

#124 MxMJ

MxMJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:14 AM

Not only is he still at it, he just threatened me on reddit for exposing the fact he was banned. What a pleasant fellow...

Edited by MxMJ, 11 August 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#125 Diabolical_Engineer

Diabolical_Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:32 AM

MxMJ,

Thanks for holding down the fort on reddit. I appreciate the effort that you put into Pen_Swap and I'm sure the rest of the users do as well. Sorry you have to put up with this.

#126 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:13 AM

link to reddit?

regards

d

Posted Image

#127 MxMJ

MxMJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

The threat was made via private message so I can't link you to that.

Main forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens

Trading forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pen_Swap/

#128 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Feel free to share it here, if you are comfy with that.

regards

david

Posted Image

#129 MxMJ

MxMJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

From him:

"Ms. MxMj;

You claim that I inadequately described the items I was selling on Pen Swap over the last few months, is this true? If so, I'm not following where you believe this to be the case. It's given that if a pen has a crack, it will be described not only in the listing but the photos will show this. That was the case of one pen. Other examples may of been that they were unrestored which to say the least, is quite obvious give the description and the price. So is there anything else you'd like to ask, since you seem very ill-informed about anything regarding the status of my collection, or the pens and ephemera that I have sold."

To him:

"I know who you are and you are not welcome in pen_swap."

From him:

"I know who you are to, and I could care less what you think. Your reasons are bullshit, we both know that, and you are going off opinions that you choose to believe. Keep spamming and you'll reap the benefits that come along with it."

Bonus 1: Here are the pens he may recently have been trying to sell.  He recently sold one of them to a reddit user, implied it was made by a company that it wasn't and didn't mention it was unrestored. This was after he was banned. I can only ban him from posting in pen_swap, not from reddit as a whole, he is still able to view and send private messages.

Bonus 2: He, or someone else that has stolen his picture (maybe vice versa?) also attempted to sell some of these on craigslist. Per this post.

#130 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

You did well stopping him from offering pens.

He has issues.

regards

david

Posted Image

#131 travberg

travberg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

Very sad to hear that the outside world has creaped into the pen world. There was a time, at a show, you could go to lunch and leave your pens out too. :((((

#132 pen piddler

pen piddler

journeyman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:06 AM

BRANDON'S CURRENT EBAY USER ID IS: "pens4youdavid"

Paypal address is::"antiques100000@gmail.com"

He signed up again on 3/9/2015 with the user ID "jbran71" and changed his user ID to "pens4youdavid" on 3/22/2015

Brandon is a persistent child born out of wedlock. He's still playing his games. I have a few things listed on ebay including a large Waterman's 50th anniversary ephemera example. He sent me a question via the ebay messaging system through the ephemera example asking me if I was "interested in buying a pen collection."

Long story short, he sent me some pictures - imgur.com/a/SL2S4 

I feigned interest after putting this little puzzle together and was instructed to send $4000 to his Paypal address. He currently awaits payment and I do hope he holds his breath.

#133 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

Oh do tell the long story.

#134 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:21 AM

http://www.oakgov.co..._compcrime.aspx

Detective Sergeant Darren Ofiara
Office Phone: (248) 858-4942

Sgt Ofiara handled Brandon's cases in the past when he was a minor and wanted to know when Brandon gets into his old bag of tricks again.

Thanks

From what I have read here, you can notify this officer who wants to know when Brandon is doing his stuff.

#135 pen piddler

pen piddler

journeyman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:26 AM

Thanks, Pat. I'll contact Officer O'Hara and post again after we talk.

#136 Diabolical_Engineer

Diabolical_Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:55 AM

I wasn't sure at the time, but Brandon was using the antiques10000 email address to post sale ads on Pentrace a while back.  I haven't seen him posting there for a while, so maybe someone was on the ball and figured out who he was.

#137 sloegin

sloegin

journeyman

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:19 PM

Oh he is still on Pentrace.   He got pissed with me just yesterday when I was not interested in trading for his pens.

#138 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:03 AM

What name is he using on Pentrace.

#139 sloegin

sloegin

journeyman

• Members
  • 285 posts