Saleem ali's Content

There have been 44 items by Saleem ali (Search limited from 24-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#31591 Finding a card illustrated by my uncle 25 years ago.

Posted by Saleem ali on 01 January 2014 - 04:36 PM in What's New in Your Life

Dear David , personally  when I see such old things , letters and cards (not to me even!) I find a particular pleasure as the time passed tells you their real importance , people are now too busy to enjoy the art of "personalization "i.e leaving their impression by handwriting , drawing, and other form of hand designing , and of course such things harbour "happy memories". so they are enjoyable, as todays " sterile " communications are becoming devoid of human feelings .Thats my humble opinion , if not very correct!

#32075 My Parker 15s

Posted by Saleem ali on 08 January 2014 - 05:56 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

They are simply amazing, congrats ,on having such a marvellous collection!

#32594 Warm Hugs From Turkey To All Members

Posted by Saleem ali on 19 January 2014 - 02:51 PM in Say Hello!

You are welcome!

#33059 2014 New Year's Resolutions of a pen variety

Posted by Saleem ali on 03 February 2014 - 02:08 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I cant say when I would stop buying pens, but I am thinking  that we should give the "surplus" pens to some brilliant students , who cant afford to have it , and who will be pleased to have them . I have given away few pens in this way .It is better than selling .

#30935 Hello

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 05:56 PM in Say Hello!

welcome to FPB from my side.

#32969 My Parker Patrician pens

Posted by Saleem ali on 29 January 2014 - 07:01 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

making me speechless !

#32566 Hello from Germany

Posted by Saleem ali on 18 January 2014 - 05:31 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome Jeph ! enjoy being member of FPB .

#32131 Taking a Risk on eBay

Posted by Saleem ali on 09 January 2014 - 04:13 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Congrats! on your wonderful restoration , do you intend to fill and write with it ? 

#33127 Greetings from Denmark

Posted by Saleem ali on 08 February 2014 - 05:20 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome , you seem to have lot of information which must be very helpful !

#31587 New Year's Eve Day Hunt

Posted by Saleem ali on 01 January 2014 - 03:04 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Dear Randy, this particular find of green pens is a pure deligft , its simply wonderful in such a nice condition , congrats ! Happy New Year  to you  and  all FPB members. saleem

#33258 Hello

Posted by Saleem ali on 12 February 2014 - 03:49 PM in Say Hello!

welcome Mr. Charles , nice to know about you !

#33105 New Collector Representing Sacramento California

Posted by Saleem ali on 06 February 2014 - 06:28 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome Ray , The Fp world is amazing !

#33738 Hi from South Louisiana

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 February 2014 - 06:32 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome Phil ,  sincerely hope that you  easily get back to  your collecting /hunting

#33216 Hello from Finland!

Posted by Saleem ali on 11 February 2014 - 03:45 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome !

#32391 A sensible approach to amateur nib smoothing?

Posted by Saleem ali on 14 January 2014 - 06:55 PM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

I would like to make staement of my own bad experiances .Learning from FPN or other forums , I gathered a lot of theoritical knowledge about damaged or badly perfprming nibs . I was sucessful in straightening bent  nib of my parker 75  after falling on the floor, but scratchiness did not go away.  I tried many things including writng on glass , brown bag ,card cover of legal pads , and to the worst making circles on "very fine grit paper" , result : nib remains scratchy and annoying . The nib did not break because 14 k gold permits flexibility and prevents breakage , while to straight  a  steel nib can very quickly break it .Lesson learned ; Leave the job to a professional nibmiester, this is the best advice IMHOP.To my dismal , there are no nibmiester here in Pakistan who can restore these nibs, and sending them to Mr Mottisaw or Binder would cost so much  , so a new nib can be purchased ! Again very costly ,here about 70.00 Us dollars!!

#30940 Cross Townsend Lapis lazuli Fp

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 06:26 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Here is my latest addition to my pen45.JPG collection. Its a wonderful Cross Townsend Fp in Lapis Lazuli finish.I am , now a great fan of Cross pens. I did not pay particulr attention to Townsends ,though I was already having  a Townsend Medalist. For a few months  , I was searchinfg for a Parker 75 in Lapis finish , and then encountered Townsend in Lapis model . It was stunning ., so i decided to get one for me . It was a pure pleasure to acquire this pen in a big gift box , with all accessories ,suh as ink-botlle ,,ink cartrdges , information booklet etc. And my dealer provided it for economical price of 250 US dollars . Simply a wonderful pen, for a wonderful price!

#31302 Let me introduce myself...

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 04:47 PM in Say Hello!

welcome to the board from my side ! hope we will enjoy together . saleem

#31311 Cross Townsend Lapis lazuli Fp

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 05:54 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

thanks all for your kind appreciation,

#31795 Greetings from Jackson, Mississippi

Posted by Saleem ali on 03 January 2014 - 03:12 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome friend , i would like to see some pictures of  your collection , hope you you will give us this opportunity.saleem