Saleem ali's Content

There have been 44 items by Saleem ali (Search limited from 28-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#31795 Greetings from Jackson, Mississippi

Posted by Saleem ali on 03 January 2014 - 03:12 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome friend , i would like to see some pictures of  your collection , hope you you will give us this opportunity.saleem

#31599 Local charity shop came up trumps

Posted by Saleem ali on 01 January 2014 - 06:58 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

yes, the box shows that the pen (original one) was made in september 1966 , but the pens did not crrespond to that date , as they lack flat tassies, but your purchase should be called a really lucky one, enjoy  them ., without worrying.good luck

#31591 Finding a card illustrated by my uncle 25 years ago.

Posted by Saleem ali on 01 January 2014 - 04:36 PM in What's New in Your Life

Dear David , personally  when I see such old things , letters and cards (not to me even!) I find a particular pleasure as the time passed tells you their real importance , people are now too busy to enjoy the art of "personalization "i.e leaving their impression by handwriting , drawing, and other form of hand designing , and of course such things harbour "happy memories". so they are enjoyable, as todays " sterile " communications are becoming devoid of human feelings .Thats my humble opinion , if not very correct!

#31587 New Year's Eve Day Hunt

Posted by Saleem ali on 01 January 2014 - 03:04 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Dear Randy, this particular find of green pens is a pure deligft , its simply wonderful in such a nice condition , congrats ! Happy New Year  to you  and  all FPB members. saleem

#31492 Local charity shop came up trumps

Posted by Saleem ali on 31 December 2013 - 05:20 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

as far as i know the box and cartridges , and converter are very early versions ,say 1965 or later, but as the pen has dished tassies,so not an earlier version , but of 70s . congratulations ! you got a very clean and excellent parker 75 sterling with big "fat "converter, on a very low price , my estimation is less than half  of the lowest price on e-bay , and also no shipping cost.if you check the inner side of the margin of upper part of outer card box , you will find date of printing ,and country i.e usa. again a very nice purchase.

#31332 A pen-enthusiast from Karachi, Pakistan

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 07:30 PM in Say Hello!

Thanks for your welcome , best regards.

#31317 My Christmas Presents

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 06:12 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

I would say ,these are great finds, really nice vintage stuff ,and  the height of  delight for the collectors ! Congrats !

#31314 My 2 Burgundy Finds o' The Week. Parker and Sheaffer:

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 06:04 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Dear Dr David ,  your particular hunt for vaccumatics brought you this special delight ! Congratulations!

#31311 Cross Townsend Lapis lazuli Fp

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 05:54 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

thanks all for your kind appreciation,

#31304 My latest...

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 04:58 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

very very nice collection indeed ( making me jealous!) , Dr David . Absolutely wonderful. you got the "wealth" !

#31303 The Parker 180. Serious Eye Candy.

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 04:51 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

very nice pictures, Dr David. I regret to know those days of crftmanship gone!

#31302 Let me introduce myself...

Posted by Saleem ali on 30 December 2013 - 04:47 PM in Say Hello!

welcome to the board from my side ! hope we will enjoy together . saleem

#30946 Did we buy a fake?

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 07:07 PM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

pl provide the detailed image of the pen  and nib . sheaffer made targas in steel as well as 14 k gold nibs. 1005 is" gold elctroplated " marked on the cap with a crown ,also known as "flute " design.

#30940 Cross Townsend Lapis lazuli Fp

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 06:26 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Here is my latest addition to my pen45.JPG collection. Its a wonderful Cross Townsend Fp in Lapis Lazuli finish.I am , now a great fan of Cross pens. I did not pay particulr attention to Townsends ,though I was already having  a Townsend Medalist. For a few months  , I was searchinfg for a Parker 75 in Lapis finish , and then encountered Townsend in Lapis model . It was stunning ., so i decided to get one for me . It was a pure pleasure to acquire this pen in a big gift box , with all accessories ,suh as ink-botlle ,,ink cartrdges , information booklet etc. And my dealer provided it for economical price of 250 US dollars . Simply a wonderful pen, for a wonderful price!

#30936 Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada!

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 06:04 PM in Say Hello!

Welcme Gary , your collection is impressive !

#30935 Hello

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 05:56 PM in Say Hello!

welcome to FPB from my side.

#30934 Parker 45 "beak" lost!

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 05:53 PM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

I have had similiar experiance with same pen ,but recovered the precious nib by dismembering the drain pipe , ajob i never did before!

#30932 A pen-enthusiast from Karachi, Pakistan

Posted by Saleem ali on 28 December 2013 - 05:49 PM in Say Hello!

I cardially thank Dr David ,and all other members who responded so well to my introduction. Its  a wonderful experiance to be a member of FPB. A lot of Pakistani doctors are working abroad with good reputation.The Lapis  townsend  ball point,I reserved on a pen shop ,and hope i will get it soon .

#30850 A pen-enthusiast from Karachi, Pakistan

Posted by Saleem ali on 27 December 2013 - 06:33 PM in Say Hello!

Hello all, I feel delighted to join FPB, and say my greetings to all. I am a consultant surgeon, and hold a chair of assistant professor at a local hospital, and medical college. I belong to Karachi, Pakistan.From my class 1; I was attracted by fountain pens. In my college life I used to buy Parker pens, P 45 at that time. I also enjoyed Chinese pens, which always have dominated the pen market here, because of being affordable. After, graduating from medical college, my fervor for collecting fps tremendously increased.  Knowledge of different brand pens obtained fro web also" added fuel to the fire". Now I own a few very interesting and collectible pens , and my recent focus has been on Cross , and I have acquired a Cross Townsend Lapis Lazuli fp , with full accessories ,and owning this pen gave me a particular feeling of accomplishment that I hardly ever experianced.Having an fp hobby in Pakistan, is a very difficult ( and tiring !) job ,as prices are higher higher day by day , and almost impossible to get pen parts or repair done.I believe in loving ,and caring , and securing relation-ships thru understanding and co-operation. Like all, I dream to make word a better place. Thanks for reading. Enjoy your life, and pens,  

Regards,

Saleem Ali