brando090's Content

There have been 715 items by brando090 (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#25349 Brandon Cifani (Brando090) is engaged in fraud

Posted by brando090 on 18 May 2013 - 01:29 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I really can't tell FPB how much I truly apologize. My actions were very arrogant, and irresponsible. I would like to apologize to everyone I have hurt, as I wasn't trying to deceive anybody. Simply I was looking for another buyer, so that two people could afford one collection of pens. But what I failed to consider, is I can only sell pens after I've bought them.

I very much take full responsibility for my stupidity, and I sincerely apologize to the fullest degree for my actions.

#25354 Brandon Cifani (Brando090) is engaged in fraud

Posted by brando090 on 18 May 2013 - 02:12 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I really can't tell FPB how much I truly apologize. My actions were very arrogant, and irresponsible. I would like to apologize to everyone I have hurt, as I wasn't trying to deceive anybody. Simply I was looking for another buyer, so that two people could afford one collection of pens. But what I failed to consider, is I can only sell pens after I've bought them.

I very much take full responsibility for my stupidity, and I sincerely apologize to the fullest degree for my actions.

Arrogance and irresponsibility really are not relevant. Sort of like an attempted murderer apologizing for being thoughtless. Perhaps you can find better words for what is wrong with you.

Also, you appear to be a liar or to have a mental defect. The issue of "selling" things you don't own had clearly been raised for you before. This is not new. Based (yet again, in this latest run) on your posts to George, we know you are a liar. Lying, by definition, indeed is deception, so clearly you *were* trying to deceive.

So, explain to us what sort of person fails to consider he cannot sell what he does not own?

Of note, you have "apologized" for this sort of thing before.

Who you thought might afford a collection matters not at all. It wasn't your collection.

Your posts on Gun, Precious Metal, Car, and Music Equipment sites are similarly interesting.

So, what then is your defect?

regards

david

I was being very inconsiderate, and yet again not knowing the pen community is as small as it is.

Also this is not apologizing, this is a huge apology, in which I will be sure to step back from the hobby and rethink my actions.

I understand how it would be fraud with me taking the money and running, but I wasn't going to do that. I was simply looking for someone to buy into the collection with me.

Not only is this the second and last time I will ever sell without buying, but its the last time I communicate with people who have manipulated in the past and continue to manipulate me. The people who managed to manipulate me into trying to sell them pens, were people which in fact knew prior to messaging me that there friend had pens which they photographed for me the day before. If that is deceptioin, I don't know what is.

I would like to say again, I really have overstepped the boundaries and apologize.

#24005 1929-44 Evolution of Pelikan 100

Posted by brando090 on 26 April 2013 - 03:06 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Great write up, will be sure to remember this thread when I receive any vintage Pelikans.

#23270 Why Soennecken?

Posted by brando090 on 02 April 2013 - 07:05 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

1364883712[/url]' post='23268']
Christof,

I'm not only happy that you joined us over here on FPB, but have always loved your eastern knowledge on German brands. Just to throw out there, I have two early BCHR Soennecken safeties.

http://fountainpenbo...ty-soenneckens/

Brandon
I am not sure but have the feeling that we already have talked about this pens in the past. I didn't had a clue then and still don't... Sorry.
Christof

We have, I was just posting if anyone was curious on what they looked like.

#23268 Why Soennecken?

Posted by brando090 on 02 April 2013 - 06:21 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Christof,

I'm not only happy that you joined us over here on FPB, but have always loved your eastern knowledge on German brands. Just to throw out there, I have two early BCHR Soennecken safeties.

http://fountainpenbo...ty-soenneckens/

#17351 Why did Davey buy a third tier Traveler fountain pen

Posted by brando090 on 31 August 2012 - 02:45 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Traveler as i know was a third tier pen company, and was American made as it was a sub-tier brand of Sheaffer.

While I agree (allowing some parsing of jargon) that Traveler was a third tier label (weak trim, plated nib), I do invite presentation of any evidence you have for a linkage to Sheaffer, as I've never seen any.

I've never heard of any connection of that sort, but would be happy to learn otherwise.

regards

david

Just summarizing what matt said.

#17345 Why did Davey buy a third tier Traveler fountain pen

Posted by brando090 on 31 August 2012 - 01:17 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Pretty cool pen. Any background on the Traveler pens in general? Like where they were made?

Traveler as i know was a third tier pen company, and was American made as it was a sub-tier brand of Sheaffer.

#17293 Why did Davey buy a third tier Traveler fountain pen

Posted by brando090 on 30 August 2012 - 04:25 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

David,

It's unique to say the least, very nice material, and the NOS doesn't hurt Posted Image Here is one i sold a while back, nothing comes close to yours, as mine is missing the cap band. This pen is hard to photograph because of the double stamped logo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16528 Sheaffer Metal Pens 1920's. A Mini Collection.

Posted by brando090 on 05 August 2012 - 01:39 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Wow, i admire these pictures of peoples metal pen collection! Im currently selling off my pens than are pretty much plain, and not metal or have an overlay :) I really like the Sheaffer Scroll silver pens, ill have to see if i can find them cheaply.

Now would be the time to find them as I'd have said in the past a sterling scroll is $700+ all day long but, prices have been soft and I think they could be had for $500 though you have to find them - not a task for the faint of heart. Not sure what you mean by cheap though. I found a sterling without clip for $250 in an antiques store many years ago. Funny that the original owner bought such a nice pen and didn't spring for the clip. It is a perfectly legit pen but is it worth less without the clip? I'd say it eliminates some buyers so likely limits the price a bit. Still $250 good bargain to be sure.

Roger W.

Never know, might find one in a pile of Wearevers for $73.99 Posted Image

#16523 Sheaffer Metal Pens 1920's. A Mini Collection.

Posted by brando090 on 05 August 2012 - 12:53 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Wow, i admire these pictures of peoples metal pen collection! Im currently selling off my pens than are pretty much plain, and not metal or have an overlay :) I really like the Sheaffer Scroll silver pens, ill have to see if i can find them cheaply.

#16529 Sheaffer Metal Pens 1920's. A Mini Collection.

Posted by brando090 on 05 August 2012 - 01:41 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Now would be the time to find them as I'd have said in the past a sterling scroll is $700+ all day long but, prices have been soft and I think they could be had for $500 though you have to find them - not a task for the faint of heart. Not sure what you mean by cheap though. I found a sterling without clip for $250 in an antiques store many years ago. Funny that the original owner bought such a nice pen and didn't spring for the clip. It is a perfectly legit pen but is it worth less without the clip? I'd say it eliminates some buyers so likely limits the price a bit. Still $250 good bargain to be sure.

Roger W.

Never know, might find one in a pile of Wearevers for $73.99 Posted Image Also it seems like the ringtop scroll Sheaffer seems to be better quality than the full size pen...

#23427 PARKER NIB NUMBERING

Posted by brando090 on 07 April 2013 - 03:11 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Sorry for the thread bump, but I can't help but bump such a great resource. I also have a question on a Lucky Curve England 30 nib, what does this mean?

#24951 Vintage Italian pen series

Posted by brando090 on 10 May 2013 - 04:25 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

A quick one for today.

The pen is a Zemax. I'm not sure of the model. I'm not even sure Zemax had model numbers. Zemax was a company founded in 1934 in Turin by Massimo Zeme, hence the name Zemax. The pens are not quite equal to the quality of the major houses but the pens are of good quality, had interesting trim, and by all accounts were good value for the money at the time. The big attraction of this particular pens are the two rather intricate and ornate bands on the cap and barrel. The bands give the pen a very elegant look and is something not common in vintage pens. Modern on the otherhand.....

Posted Image

barrel band
Posted Image

cap band
Posted Image

The pen has a celluloid section.
Posted Image

I just keep coming back to this pen, I love the look of this pen. Congrats on the find!

#15328 Sheaffer Pen Museum

Posted by brando090 on 12 June 2012 - 04:23 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Wow! Thanks so much for these very information photo's!

#17746 Stunning Patina: Don't Polish this 1920's Sheaffer Metal Pen

Posted by brando090 on 11 September 2012 - 09:28 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

The Wahl box on which it rests barely contains 5" Wahl sets, and this pen dwarfs the case. Overwhelmingly the most valuable pen in my collection, if I had to give up all but one pen, it nonetheless would lose to a special Parker Vacumatic that found me last year. Andy Lambrou's FPOTW cited "one known", though a few more have come to light since then.

<br style="color: rgb(15, 35, 71); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(241, 241, 241); ">

Ok,

so Let's see the Vac which rules over this 420!!!

Your picture isn't shown... id really like to see it.

Lets guess what it could be.

Coronet.

Im not familiar with a Vac, and i cant exactly tell a difference from Vac to Vac except colors. Would you have some sort of insider knowledge on this?

#17738 Stunning Patina: Don't Polish this 1920's Sheaffer Metal Pen

Posted by brando090 on 11 September 2012 - 08:29 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

The Wahl box on which it rests barely contains 5" Wahl sets, and this pen dwarfs the case. Overwhelmingly the most valuable pen in my collection, if I had to give up all but one pen, it nonetheless would lose to a special Parker Vacumatic that found me last year. Andy Lambrou's FPOTW cited "one known", though a few more have come to light since then.

<br style="color: rgb(15, 35, 71); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(241, 241, 241); ">

Ok,

so Let's see the Vac which rules over this 420!!!

Your picture isn't shown... id really like to see it.

#17803 Stunning Patina: Don't Polish this 1920's Sheaffer Metal Pen

Posted by brando090 on 12 September 2012 - 08:33 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Here is a NOS German piston filler i have with a beautifully tarnished band.

Posted Image

#17751 Stunning Patina: Don't Polish this 1920's Sheaffer Metal Pen

Posted by brando090 on 11 September 2012 - 09:52 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Would you have some sort of insider knowledge on this?

No specific knowledge on the pen referred to by Jim. The Coronet pattern is a metal overlay Vacumatic line pen that would fit the only a few known criteria so I'm guessing that it may be that which we can not see.

It just may be, we shall see...

#24885 Pelikan 100N Magnum

Posted by brando090 on 08 May 2013 - 10:30 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Such beautiful Pelikans, all unique barrels. Are they all 100N Magnums?

#16059 Mabie Todd English Pens. 6 of 'em.

Posted by brando090 on 10 July 2012 - 06:53 PM in BRITISH PENS

Hi David,

Lovely group !! That blue looks a big pen. I've a few although most like these 3 series are post war...rather mundane colour wise compared to the earlier pens. Great user pens.

Posted Image

Regards
Hugh

I love that style pen, ive got one coming from overseas, and i just want every Swan pen from this series.

#18488 Waterman 12 Variation's

Posted by brando090 on 02 October 2012 - 01:48 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

yes

May i see it.

#18558 Waterman 12 Variation's

Posted by brando090 on 02 October 2012 - 10:49 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

as it is presented. It is not necessarily my obligation to offer all of my knowledge up, as it is requested.

If I choose to share, that is a benefit, If I choose not to share, well, I guess that is how the dice roll.

It is rare that I do not share, but here is one occasion, where I am just simply passing.

Besides, you failed to use the magic word, so shame on you.:(

Rick

Hmmm... Rick's recent travails at the post office have left him in a rather Isaacson-like mood it seems ;)

But, again, there is subtext in play, and new readers should know that Rick is one of the Great Sharers when it comes to pen information.

Too, counting color, chasing, imprint, metal, pattern-to-metal, it is fairly likely that Brandon doesn't know that for which he asks. Too, images are a somewhat precious thing, not always meant for casual use or misuse.

Heck, I'm still waiting for Brandon's price on the Parker Duofold Demonstrator he showed me sometime back...

Perhaps, this thread would grow in a constructive pattern if Brandon offered up what he considers "all the variations (no apostrophe) of the Waterman #12" to be...

-d

don't forget

he didn't use the magic word

Rick

Please Rick could you help out a youngster, please Posted Image

#18602 Waterman 12 Variation's

Posted by brando090 on 03 October 2012 - 02:34 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Ive got a rare Waterman 'World's Smallest Fountain Pen' which id be interested in trading. Please email me at XYZ, as i dont come here very often. Best Regards,Brandon

my favorite quote ever....... :D

Just curious if the rare Waterman "World's Smallest Fountain Pen" was offered to you before or after a discussion a few weeks ago about a similar pen? That pen had everything except a nib, feed, section, and intact cap.

This was months ago, and the pen has since been told.

#18610 Waterman 12 Variation's

Posted by brando090 on 03 October 2012 - 03:34 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Wow, am i dumb or what. Talk about the pen community being small Posted Image

#18721 Waterman 12 Variation's

Posted by brando090 on 04 October 2012 - 08:21 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Brando
Buy a book, buy several books Paul Eranos book, Fishlers and Schnieders book, Glen Bowens book, Frank Dubiels book, The 51 book, the Waterman book, Cliff Lawrences book the Swan book There are dozens more. They are filled with information read them, study them learn. Got to a pen show, go to several pen shows and do please say please
Jerry

Also Jerry,

As far as pen shows, when i get a car (~2-3 months, BMW) id really like to go to the Chicago, Ohio, Detroit, and DC shows. Hopefully you guys will welcome me to dinner, please, and wont give me too much of a hard time.